Where To Find Microsoft Government Cloud Assistance In Arlington, Virginia? (Questions/Answers)
What Is Microsoft Cloud for Government?
The Microsoft Cloud for Government is a complete cloud platform. It is only designed specifically for United States Federal, State, and Local Governments. It does provide:
- cost saving options
- rigorous security
Which includes FedRAMP, HIPAA, and CJIS-capable components. It also has the flexibility to run in government, public, or private clouds with an integrated open platform.
Why Was Microsoft Cloud for Government Created?
Unlike the private sector, the public sector employers and employees, have specific legal hurdles that will prohibit the use of any product or service introduced, if not authorized or compliant. So, what Microsoft did was invest heavily into data centers to meet or exceed data protection compliance. The data protection compliance falls under United States Federal and State laws, policies, mandates, and regulatory requirements.
What Other Compliance Requirements Has Microsoft 365 Passed?
The Microsoft 365 Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offerings meet or exceed compliance with:
- Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program
- Criminal Justice Information Services Standards
- Health Insurance and Portability and Accountability Act
What Government Environments Will Microsoft 356 Be Available and What Is The Cost?
Microsoft 365 for US Government plans are monthly subscriptions and licensed to an unlimited number of users are available. The three isolated government environments, which store data in the continental United States shown below:
- DoD Cloud — designed exclusively for agencies within the armed forces.
- GCC High — dedicated to government customers and contractors handling highly sensitive workloads
- The Government Community Cloud — built to serve the civilian government agencies at the federal, state and local levels.
Who Has Restricted Data Access To Government Environments?
To have restricted access to Office 365 US Government customer content, the Microsoft administrator, and any authorized personnel must be United States citizens. Each candidate undergoes strict and rigorous background investigations, in accordance, with relevant government standards.
Below is the background screening requirements, each candidate, who will access, any of the government cloud environments.
|Background Screening||GCC||GCC High and DoD|
|Verification of US Citizenship||Yes||Yes|
|Employment History Check||Yes||Yes|
|Social Security Number (SSN) Search||Yes||Yes|
|Criminal History Check (7 years)||Yes||Yes|
|Office of Foreign Assets Control List (OFAC)||Yes||Yes|
|Bureau of industry and security List (BIS)||Yes||Yes|
|Fingerprint-based check of FBI criminal databases||Yes||Yes|
|CJIS Criminal Background Check||Yes||No|
|DOD IT-2 based on OPM Tier 3 Investigation||No||DOD SRG L5 Tenants Only|
What Are The Microsoft Cloud For Government Packages Offered?
Microsoft Cloud for Government – Designed for the US government from the ground up. Microsoft Cloud for United States Government enables US Federal, State, Local, or Tribal entities to select from a range of Microsoft’s cloud computing services.
Microsoft Office 365 U.S. Government – Meets all security requirements in addition to regulatory and legal compliance:
- Built-in Security
- Privacy By Design
- Continuous Compliance
- Transparent Operation
Microsoft Azure Government – Used for United States government agencies and their Microsoft cloud partners. Unprecedented flexibility and breakthrough innovation with:
- World-class security, protection, and compliance
- Modernize legacy infrastructure to a flexible, hybrid environment
- Provides workload capacity when and where you need it
- Gain efficiencies and cost savings across departments
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online Government – Allows all agencies of any size to share data and connect teams and departments, while maintaining the highest level of compliance standards:
- Engage with customers and peers on any channel or device
- Deliver Fast, Personalize Service
- Learn From Every Interaction
- Innovate with a modern and adaptable platform
What Are The “10 Must-Know Facts” About Microsoft Cloud For Government Partners?
Microsoft is so focused on Government compliance there is a list of ten must know facts you must familiarize yourself with, before choosing any Microsoft Government Cloud Assistance In Arlington, Virginia.
- Fact #1 – Make sure your provider will pass an FBI audit.
- Fact #2 – Data must reside on U.S. soil and screening by U.S. personnel.
- Fact #3 – Capability of integrating on-premises solutions with a hybrid cloud.
- Fact #4 – Options to migrate Red Hat subscriptions to Microsoft Azure Government.
- Fact #5 – Cloud service providers must prove they understand complex compliance standards.
- Fact #6 – Must have unique storage and confidentiality per IRS 1075 guidance and ITAR obligations.
- Fact #7 – Ensure that your provider has a formal tenant eligibility screen process to accept workloads.
- Fact #8 – Understands the threat landscape, has a history of protecting against them, and proven experience with responding.
- Fact #9 – Helping government agencies with accessibility and meet their obligations to comply with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
- Fact #10 – Manage and store data, meeting government data retention, e-discovery, public records obligations, legal holds, archiving, and messaging rules.
From the ten must know facts list you can create your own “Requirement Checklist” as you review and interview possible Microsoft Government Cloud partner candidates in Arlington, Virginia.
Like this article? Check out, How Can I Tell If I Am NIST Compliant? (Information/Insights) and DFARS Compliance (Questions/Answers) or Billions of Computer Devices Won’t Get Intel’s Spectre Fix to learn more.